We're thrilled that you've chosen us for your campervan adventure. Our top priority is ensuring that both you and our vehicles remain safe throughout your journey. That's why we've established certain travel guidelines.
While we want you to explore and enjoy as much of Australia and New Zealand as possible, some roads or regions may be temporarily restricted or completely off-limits. These restrictions are in place due to various factors such as typical road or weather conditions, remoteness which could lead to difficulty in repair or recovery, or other factors that could put you or the vehicle at risk.
So, before you set off on your adventure, please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our permitted areas of use. This will help you plan your journey effectively and avoid any potential inconveniences.
Remember, we're here to help you have an unforgettable journey. If you have any concerns about whether a particular travel destination is permitted, our friendly travel team is available 24/7 to help you plan your journey.
Please review the following maps and summaries, and ensure you read our full terms and conditions for more information.
Area of Use New Zealand
The following Areas of Prohibited in New Zealand: Ball Hut, Skippers Road (Queenstown), The Crown Range Road/Cardrona Valley Road (between Arrow Junction to Cardrona), Ninety Mile Beach (Northland), Wanaka; Mt Aspiring Rd beyond exit to Treble Cone; The Forgotten Highway (State Highway 43 from Taumarunui to Stratford); North of Colville Township; Waikawau Townships (Coromandel Peninsula); Mt Cook; Skippers Canyon Road, Queenstown; 90 Mile Beach, Northland; any beach or sand island or on any unsealed roadway (except well maintained access roads less than 10 kilometres long to recognised camping grounds or National Parks).
Area of Use Map Australia
- All hires are subject to Area of Use policies. Remember that certain penalties may apply, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any travel restrictions and avoid adverse road conditions even if not explicitly restricted. It is important that Campervan Village is aware of your travel plans so that we can advise you of any travel restrictions that may apply to your booking.
- We may notify you of additional travel restrictions for any reason including adverse road or weather conditions either at the time of collection or by email after the Rental Period has started.
- Unsealed Roads are completely prohibited in all 2WD vehicles except well maintained access roads less than 10 kilometres long to recognised camping grounds or National Parks.
- 4WD vehicles may be driven on any gazetted unsealed roads (Gazetted roads are roads that appear on official road maps and street directories).
- As some road and track conditions may be unsuitable for our vehicles, written permission must be obtained before travelling on 4WD only tracks (depicted on map) and any non-gazetted, unsealed roads.
- Sand & beach driving are completely prohibited for all 2WD & 4WD vehicles.
Please review our terms and conditions for comprehensive area of use policies.